Wednesday 25 July 2012

Lemon Cake for my Love


Sometimes I think we can find it easy to bless people in the community, those we work with, friends, extended family etc that we forget to look for ways to bless those closest to us. So a couple of weekends ago while my hubby was away for the day I decided to bake him a cake I know he loves. So they say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and perhaps spending the day alone it made me realize how truly amazing my husband is. Yet, how often do I take the time to show him that through more than words or in a special way? Sometimes I think its easy to look for others to reach out to, but at the same time perhaps neglecting those we are closest to who need that extra care too. While I'm at it, I thought I'd share the recipe because this cake is truly delicious. Its by one of my favourites- Donna Hay, out of her Fast, Fresh, Simple book.

Lemon Yoghurt Cake
3/4 cup veg oil
2 eggs
1T grated lemon rind
2T lemon juice
1 Cup natural yoghurt
1 3/4 Cup of Caster Sugar
2 Cups self-raising flour
Lemon Frosting
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1/4 Cup lemon juice

Preheat Oven to 180 degrees celcius. Place the oil, eggs, rind, lemon juice, yoghurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Sift over the flour and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture into a greased 24cm fluted ring tin and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked. When the cake is still hot place onto a plate. To make the lemon frosting, gently stir together the sugar and lemon juice. Spoon over the cake and allow to set. Serve warm.
*I used a love heart shaped tin

Enjoy and may we all take time to love those closest to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...